Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope your Christmas was as good as mine! Got some nice goodies, including a Kindle! It's excellent!
I just ordered a book (Decision Points, by George Bush) and it was quick and easy. Went to the menu, chose the store, searched for the book, ordered it (had enough credit for it), and started reading it, all in less than 30 seconds. Also bought a Dean Koontz book that I wanted to re-read -- same thing.
I do want to get a lighted cover for my Kindle -- they're about $60 at Amazon -- so I can read it at night. Takes me back to when I was a kid, reading at night under the covers.

It's coooold here today, and very windy, so the cold blows right through this old house. Using lots more firewood this year than last year. It's had an extra year to dry out, so it burns fast. I was out moving and splitting firewood several times this morning, and got chilled through. Had to hang out near the woodstove to get warm again. Thankful for this old laptop with the usb wireless that my son-in-law set me up with. I can even ftp into my desktop upstairs (where it's really cold) and get at my files and folders there. I just have to remember to synch them when I update files on one or the other.

Getting lots of seed catalogs already. and will order soon for 2011 garden. I think it will be best to order early, because with this economy going south, some stuff may end up in short supply. I'll concentrate on open-pollenated seed this year, because of that very reason. Best to have some viable seed to save for the future. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Just wish I could convince the rest of my family and friends to do the same. Best to learn or re-learn those food producing and preserving skills now, than to wait until the coming panic.

Praying for a great new year for all my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment