Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Way too busy!

One of my chief complaints about blogs I've followed is that the blogger would go without posting for weeks at a time. Ooops! It's been a whole month since I've posted, and I can see how it can happen.

Been busy doing Other Things, and suddenly it's Now, and I can see all the empty pages I've left since Then.

Did lots of things over the past month, mostly accompanied by shivering. It's been cold, and Spring has come later than usual.

Sold a few books so far, but have seen no reviews on any of the book store sites. Perhaps that's a kindness. But folks seem to be enjoying it. I gave a copy to our local library, and the librarian told me the other day that it's on a waiting list, and I now have a second book signing scheduled for there, a week after the one at Barnes and Noble.

Someone told me they saw posters advertising the B&N signing already, and they are planning to come. Should be fun!

I got my early peas planted finally, a few weeks after I wanted to plant them. While tilling for them I noticed a few aparagus spears coming up, and couldn't wait -- I picked and ate one right there. Yum! The garlic is up 8 or 10 inches, and is growing nicely. I just got a check in the mail yesterday from the magazine that accepted the article  I wrote about planting it, last fall. Gotta get busy and write some more! I write that not to brag, but to tell you that it's never too late to start doing the things you've been putting off.

If you have an article or a story that you would like to tell, find the magazine that prints similar stuff, and look on their website for "Guidelines for Submission." Follow them, and send it in! Worst case, they say no. Best case, you get a check in the mail a while later, and maybe an invitation to write something more for them!

That's what I have to do now -- finish another garden article and send it in!

cheers,
hjt

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff - in regard to the garden article writing. I love reading stuff about planting gardens.

    ReplyDelete