Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

Well, it's 7AM here in New York, and we just got home from voting. Seemed like kind of a letdown after all the hype, pomises, and mudslinging we've endured for the past several months. I feel like I know a lot of crap I didn't want to know, about a lot of people I didn't want to know, at least at that level.

But most of the things I've learned about most of those people are not the things I needed to know in order to really cast an informed vote. In most cases I heard why I should NOT vote for a given candidate, and I heard very little about why I SHOULD  vote for a given candidate. And that is wrong. But unfortunately it's all I had to go on in many cases, so I had to go with what little I do know, or surmise, about my choices.

All we can do now is pray that it all works out according to God's will (and I do trust that), and, if you'll pardon the cliche, be the changes we want to see in our corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment