Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can we get past it and on with our lives?

No, I don't mean health care reform or offshore drilling, though those are very interesting topics.
I mean the annual frenzy we collectively worship -- the SuperBowl!

It's really getting bad now, but I didn't realize just how bad until I checked out a youngish couple -- three kids with them -- at the grocery store the other day.

They had a cartful of junk foods "For our Superbowl Party!" They were all excited about it, and fretted that they might have forgot something.

Well, yes they did forget something -- and I almost committed one of Political Correctness' cardinal sins as they slid their card and announced "EBT." I very nearly asked them if they realized that they had spent nearly their entire month's food stamp allotment on junk munchies for their Superbowl Party!

With three kids to feed, they blow their whole food budget on one stupid football game! What are they going to eat for the rest of the month?

And they're not alone -- there were other similar abuses, and we see them every day.

When are we all going to wake up?

No comments:

Post a Comment