Saturday, October 15, 2016

At Wal-mart this afternoon, I walked by the sporting goods dept. Noted that they had lots of .22 ammo in stock, both mag and regular long rifle.
So I went to the counter and told the clerk I wanted a box of "CCI, .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire, please."
He struck a pose, and asked "Mini mags, or regular Winchesters?"
I reiterated my request, and emphasized the "Magnum"
Now he's sure I don't know a damn thing about what I'm asking for, and he's gonna be visibly patient while schooling the old guy, and explaining the difference. He opened the case and pointed, ""These are Winchester LR's, and those are CCI rimfires. You said Winchester, which one do you want?"
I pointed at the CCI WMR's and said, "I asked for those. The WMR stands for Winchester Magnum Rimfire."
He still didn't get it, just humored me, said, "Just wanted to make sure you understood."
I didn't say anything else right then.
Got up to the counter and started the checkout process. Looked at the long gun display next to the register, and asked him, "Do you ever get any Stoeger Coach Guns in?"
He said, "No, the only side-by-sides we stock are the Tri-Star Over-Unders."
I bit my tongue, and didn't dare look at him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment