Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ahh -- Rain! You can almost hear the garden sighing!

It's been way too dry so far; the grass crackles when I walk on it, and I can hear the tomatoes beg for a drink as I walk by. Sometimes I carry a couple of gallons of water, but I have to be careful; the one mean zucchini tried to trip me, and I thought I was going to have to call for Tom Bombadil to get me loose!

No, it's not that bad yet, and this afternoon's rain will help for a few days. Maybe long enough for me to bury a temporary water line out to the garden shed so I can do some watering at night. It's nice having our own well.

We've been dealing with pacemakers and other health issues, so I've been doing more reading than writing, but I'm getting caught up on some books I haven't had time for until now. Sometimes I wish there were 36 hours in a day instead of 24, but I'm sure the extra time would fill up to overflowing, and things would be right back to hectic in a hurry!

We've lost some good friends since I was last here, most notably Ray Bradbury. I still read his books whenever I get a chance. Another one I'll really miss is Andy Griffith. He was like everybody's favorite uncle, cousin, big brother, all rolled into one. I'm hopin' that up in Heaven there's a street sign pointing to Mayberry.

There are others, but these two are enough to miss for now.

And that's enough of this for now as well. Hoping not to take so long between entries -- gotta get back to what I'd like to do best!

see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment